Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

cannot resolve symbol 'EPiServer'

Vote:

On a project, on my aspx, I have this:

<div id="courseTitle">
<h1><EPiServer:Property PropertyName="PageName" runat="server" /></h1>
</div>
But I receive a Cannot resolve symbol 'EPiServer"
EPiServer.dll in GAC is referenced and in my CS file, I have using EPiServer.

Am I missing something? Thanks.
May 31, 2011 5:50
Vote:

Is this .aspx inside a project where you have installed EPiServer? By this I mean, did you set it up using the EPiServer Deployment Center?

If you have everything installed correctly, you need to make sure that the template file (the aspx.cs file) inherits from EPiServer.Template page.

May 31, 2011 8:43
Vote:

Jun 01, 2011 3:10
Vote:

This solution is a copy from our live server. I moved it to my local machine manually. I did not set it up using EPiServer Deployment Center.

In this solution, I have 3 projects. It's only on one project which I'm having these problems with.

The template file inherites from PageTypeBuilder.UI.TemplatePage<T>

On the aspx file, I added a reference to EPiServer.Web.WebControls and EPiServer is now recognized.

However Property is not. Element 'property' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web Site, or the web.config file is missing.

Any ideas?

Jun 03, 2011 5:37
Vote:

You need to make sure that EPiServer WebControls is registered in your web.config file under the pages and controls element:

<pages validateRequest="false" enableEventValidation="true" pageParserFilterType="System.Web.Mvc.ViewTypeParserFilter, System.Web.Mvc, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5" clientIDMode="AutoID">
      <controls>
        <add tagPrefix="EPiServer" namespace="EPiServer.WebControls" assembly="EPiServer"/>
        <add tagPrefix="EPiServer" namespace="EPiServer.Web.WebControls" assembly="EPiServer"/>
        <add tagPrefix="EPiServer" namespace="EPiServer.Web.WebControls" assembly="EPiServer.Web.WebControls"/>
        <add tagPrefix="XForms" namespace="EPiServer.XForms.WebControls" assembly="EPiServer.XForms"/>
        <add tagPrefix="WebParts" namespace="EPiServer.WebParts.WebControls" assembly="EPiServer"/>
      </controls>
      <namespaces>
        <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc"/>
        <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Ajax"/>
        <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Html"/>
        <add namespace="System.Web.Routing"/>
        <add namespace="System.Linq"/>
        <add namespace="System.Collections.Generic"/>
      </namespaces>
    </pages>

Otherwise you'll need to register it in your .aspx/.ascx files.

Jun 03, 2011 9:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.