Dll missing on Episerver site that uses ImageVault



I'm working on an EpiServer CMS 5 project that uses ImageVault. After installing the right version of ImageVault the project compiles but when i execute it I get the following error

"Det går inte att läsa in filen eller sammansättningen Meridium, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=01f4840270d48493 eller ett av dess beroenden. Det går inte att hitta filen"

It sounds like there's a file called Meridum that's missing?? No such dll is copied when i install ImageVault for the project, i tried with an empty site as well. Is there anything else i need to install?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Jul 13, 2011 11:15

When installing a new version of ImageVault, six files should be added to the global assembly cache. But for some reason that is still unknown this fails in some cases resulting in the error above.

To solve this you need to manually add the files to the GAC. The files that need to be added are Meridium.dll, Meridium.Drawing.dll, Meridium.IO.Compress.dll, Meridium.License.dll, Meridium.Mathematics.Algebra.dll and Meridium.Web.dll. To get the files you can either extract them from the installation package using winrar or retrieving them from the temp folder that they are extracted during the installation.

Jul 13, 2011 13:02

Thanks for you reply Marcus!

Yep i read that on the FAQ section at meridium.se and added the assemblies to the GAC. Restarted IIS but the problem remains though. I notice however that the assemblies that come with the installation and thus, that i added to the GAC are version and as you see in the error it's like version is referenced or used by some of the ImageVault dlls, which is pretty strange. I forgot to write I'm using ImageVault-EPi5 64bit v3.4.6.72.

Any ideas of where i'm going wrong?

Jul 13, 2011 13:53

Ok i found it. Even though i added the references to the right files, the paths were not updated for some reason, so I realized they were referencing another version of ImageVault that was saved in some other temp folder, hence the error. Just changed the folder name and added the new references one more time and this time it worked as it should. 

Thanks for your time!

Jul 13, 2011 14:29

Nice to hear that you solved the problem!

Jul 13, 2011 14:30
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.