Know issues with languages in CMS 6 R2


Good morning,

I posted this issue in the "Problems and bugs" area but I thought I would check here as well. I just upgraded a site from CMS 6 to the R2 version and seem to have gotten a problem with the languages of the site. They change randomly between the different active languages.

Any ideas on how to fix it or even if it is a known issue?

Sep 22, 2011 7:33

I might add that we used to have this problem in CMS 5 but it seemed to disappear in the R2. Could it possibly be it's back now??

Sep 22, 2011 10:03

What makes this even more tricky is that it only seems to happen in some particular pages and only in one of the languages, the swedish version that jumps over to danish. The danish, norwegian and finish once are just fine.

Sep 22, 2011 10:47

While waiting and hoping for some activity in here I've noticed something else. The site is built upon the public templates and most of the pages in the main menu are just new versions of the original pages in the public templates. The original language in those pages where english but since we don't use english the english language was deactivated, yet not deleted since it's the main language for some of the pages and couldn't be deleted.

The pages that has been created after that and that has swedish as their main language are the ones that are not working now, and like I said in the previous post, this is just in the swedish language. Why, I don't really know but they seem to have lost their language somehow.

So come on, hit me with some theories! :)

Sep 22, 2011 11:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.