Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

error running EpiServer project: Impossible to lunch the ASP.NET development server, because the '6666' port is used

Vote:

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to develop an EpiServer project.

when i run the project i've got this error message:

"Impossible to lunch the ASP.NET development server, because the '6666' port is used."

and there is no port opened with # 6666

i know this because i runned (netstat -an | find "6666") with no result !

Any idea ?

Tanks for help !

Jan 20, 2012 17:03
Vote:

Are you using Chrome? Try to start the website on another port. Right click the project and choose 'Properties' then go to the 'Web' tab and choose a specific port.

Jan 20, 2012 21:18
Vote:

Thanks for your answer

The problem apparently is independant from the port number

I modified the number to many unused ones but the error message remain the same !

"Impossible to lunch the ASP.NET development server, because the 'XXXX' port is used."

Am i messing something here ? or what !

Jan 23, 2012 11:54
Vote:

We've had this on several server 2003 and XP boxes, but not ever on a Win 7 box (I am talking about CMS 6 btw).  Fustratingly, if you go to create a standard .NET project (rather than an Episerver one), you should have no issue (or so we found consistantly on each and every build).

Jan 23, 2012 13:55
Vote:

Hi

Thanks for your replies

well .. problem solved .. i just reinstalled the site using the EPi Deployment center but this time with full options(mirroring service,..)

May be this will help someone else!

Jan 26, 2012 12:44
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.