Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiStore installation

Vote:

As per the documentation, public templates need to be installed before the EPiStore module could be installed. Is there any way around this i.e. to avoid installing public templates as we need to integrate EPiStore with a live website and we do not want to add any additional templates/pagetypes etc that are not required?

Apr 25, 2012 11:30
Vote:

Hi Tahim!

It's been a while since I was working with EPiStore but I think that the dependency is there just since the EPiStore templates are depending on some stuff like masterpages and css-files in the public templates. If you are going to build your own templates from scratch for EPiStore or integrate it for a current site I see no need why you should have to install the public templates.

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Apr 26, 2012 8:11
Vote:

Thanks for your reply Linus.

I guess we might need to manually add in the templates, page types, etc from the EPiStore module into our site to avoid installing the public templates.

Apr 26, 2012 13:41
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.