Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Manager 1.1 Access Denied Error

Vote:

Hi,

I get the following error when I try o open EPIserver Manager 1.1 :

Failed to get available sites from Internet Information Server. Make sure it is installed and you have sufficient access.

Dec 02, 2013 10:01
Vote:

You're probably trying to run Manager with a newer OS or IIS version than it supports. Remember, EPiServer Manager 1.x is from 2005. 

You'd likely have to setup a dev environment with Win XP/Windows Server 2003 and IIS 5. 

Are you sure IIS is installed on your dev environment? 

Dec 02, 2013 11:34
Vote:

Yes ,

IIS has been installed . I am using OS 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 in IIS 6 compatibility mode. The site work well except some css issue in edit and admin mode. This is pretty old version (4.50)  .

But whenever I try to open EPiServer Manager I get the above error. I think its something to do with access right..

I get this error as well now :

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.ArrayList' to type 'System.Web.UI.Pair'.

Edited, Dec 02, 2013 11:48
Vote:

Many earlier EPiServer products were "hard coded" to only look for IIS versions they support. So if you run Manager on a machine with a newer IIS version, it won't find any sites, because it doesn't recognize IIS 6.

Like I said, Manager 1.x only supports IIS 5.

Dec 02, 2013 12:01
Vote:

Ok Thanks Arild .. 

Dec 02, 2013 12:08
Vote:

I just need to run the EPiServer Manager in administrator mode and It seems to work. 

Below are the steps

1.On the Start menu, locate the program that you want to always run as an administrator.
2. Right-click the application’s shortcut, and then click Properties.
3. In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

4. Under Privilidge level,check the checkbox to run the application as administrator.

Edited, Dec 02, 2013 13:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.