Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

BootstrapperViewModel

Vote:

I've just set up a new episerver site in episerver eight. When trying to log in to the GUI I recieve the following error:

"Could not load type 'System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage

The source file is pointed out to be: /EpiServer/Shell/Views/Shared/Bootstrapper.aspx. Could someone please point out what might be the issue here?

//Daniel

Jul 15, 2015 9:04
Vote:

First thing to check is settings in EpiServerFramework.config

<virtualPathProviders>
<clear/>
<add name="ProtectedAddons" virtualPath="~/EpiServer/" physicalPath="modules\_protected" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNonUnifiedProvider, EPiServer.Framework"/>
<add name="EPiServerCommon" virtualPath="~/EPiServerCommon/" physicalPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CommonFramework\7.5.394.2\Application\EPiServerCommon" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNonUnifiedProvider, EPiServer.Framework"/>
</virtualPathProviders>

Regards
/K

Jul 15, 2015 9:55
Vote:

I got this working by specifying the following attributes in the <pages> tag in the web.config as mentioned in this stack overflow article.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4677615/could-not-load-type-system-web-mvc-viewpagedynamic-in-asp-net-mvc2-after-pub

pageParserFilterType="System.Web.Mvc.ViewTypeParserFilter, System.Web.Mvc, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
pageBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage, System.Web.Mvc, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
userControlBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.ViewUserControl, System.Web.Mvc, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"

Edited, May 26, 2017 18:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.