Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer CMO statistics not recording the traffic for user's accessing Campaigns (Pages)

Vote:

Hi,

There is strange behaviour noticed past 1 week. Campaigns created in EPiServer CMO does not shows up any Pageviews or traffic for users.

It's seems that CMO has just stopped working no statistics is recorded in reprot section.

Can someone direct me to some specifics which could be causing this. I verified settings in the Edit mode for campaigns and CMO settings.

Just not sure if there are set of services which should be running to make CMO and statistics work for a campaign. At the moment i am just clueless on how to find the cause of the problem.

Appreciate your help.

Jul 07, 2015 4:42
Vote:

First of all, check if statistics is collected.

Is Statistics handler is called on your campaign pages? Look for URL like http://yoursitename/StatisticsHandler.axd?... in the network tab of Developer Tools in your browser.

You can see the configured statistics handler URL on your website in CMO Settings.

Also you can verify if statistics is processed.

Make sure that EPiServer CMO Aggregation Service is up and running, try to restart it. You can schedule data aggregation in CMO Settings.
Aggregation service processes raw visitor data and after that aggregated statistics should be available in CMO UI. KPI values should be calculated and displayed in real time (except of Conversion Path KPIs, it requires data aggregation).

Open aggregation service configuration file and make sure that your CMO database connection is defined. See this article for more information about configuring aggregation service.

Also you can check if you have raw visitor statistics in CMO database. See CMO_CMLogEntry table.

Jul 10, 2015 11:47
Vote:

Found the issue and fixed it. Now it make perfect sense as in what can be the possible cause of issue and where to look for in order to progress with investigation and fixes.

Thanks Dmytro Duk for your response. On top of what you shared there were some more places where i had to look and fix:

1. File "IECaptSvc.exe.config" at location C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Shared\Services\Thumbnail Service holds "secretkey" which should match the entry in appsettings.

2. File "EPiServer.Cmo.AggregationService.exe.config" at location "C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Shared\Services\CMO Aggregation Service" holds connectionstring for applications installed or configured on server. The connectionstring should match the detail of application connection string.

3. Website URL in admin mode "Manage Websites" should be pointing to your website. At times possibility of this being different is high while working on different environments i.e. Dev, Test, UAT and PROD.

Dec 11, 2016 21:18
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.