Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Bug: User cannot use Image Editor without publish permission

Vote:

On our build we have encountered an issue where our editors cannot use the built-in Image Editor to crop or resize images.

If an editor does not have publish permission then they cannot save an image because as soon as they click save, they get a"You do not have permission to perform this action" alert.

It doesn't matter if they choose "Save as copy" or "Replace original" both options give the error.

I can't find any documentation about this issue and the configuration for the ImageEditor element in web.config seems pretty basic so I'm at a loss about how to fix this bug.

I really hope it's not by design because that would be a crap design.

Anyone got any clues on this?

Oct 03, 2016 20:34
Vote:

Also to clarify, we are using the latest version of EpiServer CMS in our project

<package id="EPiServer.CMS" version="9.12.2" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.CMS.Core" version="9.12.2" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.CMS.UI" version="9.9.2" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core" version="9.9.2" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.ContentCollaboration" version="1.2.0.9000" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.Framework" version="9.12.2" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.GoogleMapsEditor" version="1.0.6" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager" version="2.0.1" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.Logging.Log4Net" version="2.0.0" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.Packaging" version="3.2.4" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.Packaging.UI" version="3.2.4" targetFramework="net452" />
<package id="EPiServer.Search" version="8.0.0" targetFramework="net452" />

Oct 03, 2016 20:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.