Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems with google analytics for episerver plugin

Vote:

Hi,

Im trying to install google analytics for episerver (version: 1.8.1.8000) add-on on an Episerver cms 8 site via nuget. But after it is installed and I browse the dashboard all I get in the google analytics panel is a login-dialog and the error message "H is undefined". When investigation with fiddler it seems like I don't have access to the js and css files of the add-on. Have anyone else encountered this problem?

Mar 14, 2016 10:12
Vote:

Did you set access rights on file level for IUSR and IIS_USRS on appData folder?

Mar 14, 2016 11:22
Vote:

That should not be needed since the plugin is not in appdata it is in modules folder if I remeber correct. It depends on the version of course but from version 8 it is not in the appdata folder.

Have a look in config for protectedmodules and compare with a alloy site for instance. See if you get any other script error in firebug for instance. Does the plugin work from adminmode were you set the credentials for google analytics account?

Mar 14, 2016 14:01
Vote:

I get the same problem in admin-mode: A login-dialog seeming to originate from not having access to the css and js from the add-on. I have compared it with an alloy-site without detecting any config-issues, but that was with a newer version of cms and the add-on. Ill try to see if I can find/setup the same version.

Mar 14, 2016 14:36
Vote:

Could you have a look in your configs for diffrent versions of MVC might be related to this perhaps:

http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Eric-Pettersson/Dates/2014/8/500-Internal-Server-Error-in-the-gadget-404-handler-for-CMS-7-from-BV-Network-MVC/

http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Eric-Pettersson/Dates/2014/10/problem-with-web-config-after-upgrade-between-mvc-4-and-mvc-5-5-2-0-0-and-3-0-0-0-and-missing-intellisense-in-visual-studio/

Mar 14, 2016 14:45
Vote:

Using owin?

Mar 14, 2016 15:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.