Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export/Import content

Vote:

I created  new page with new blocks.

I'm trying to export new page from one Episerver 9 CMS website, and import it to another Episerver 9 CMS website.

Exporting data is ok, but when trying to import, I get the following error mensage:

Import has been canceled
The following errors have occurred:
[Importing content 4954] Exception: The provided content link does not have a value. Parameter name: contentLink

What does it mean? 

Regards

Sep 16, 2016 16:58
Vote:

Just a hunch but did you also export the content types, I believe I've seen this issue when trying to create a page that does not have a corresponding content model?

Might remember wrong though..

Sep 16, 2016 19:55
Vote:

Do you have same language settings in both environment? 

Sep 16, 2016 21:05
Vote:

On the second website we already have 2 pages of this content type.

We have the same settings in both environments. 

We still have the problem with the import.

Sep 19, 2016 7:52
Vote:

If you rename the export file to zip (or right click and choose to open it in 7-zip or simular program) you can unzip the file and see what it contains.

There you should be able to see if everything has come with the export.

We had the same problem when we had content from a custom content provider that was added to the page since that content didn't exist in some way.

If it is still not working the contact support and they should be able to help you

Sep 19, 2016 8:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.