Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Showing Expired Pages in the CMS search

Vote:

Hi

Is it possible to show expired pages in the EPiserver CMS search results?

To investigate I have set up an Alloy solution to use EPiserver search which gives me the basic built in search with full text support out the box. When I create new pages they are added to the index and they are displayed ok in the CMS search results.

When I expire the page, using the LUKE.NET indexing tool I can see that the page still exists in the index, however when searching in the CMS the page is no longer retured in the search results.

How can I include expired pages in the search?

Thanks

Oct 27, 2017 16:52
Vote:

Hi Paul

You could extend the default search provider and override the behaviuour to show expired pages:

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-CMS/9/Search/Adding-search-providers/

Then you can configure the search providers in admin. I think these should then be used in the page tree search.

David

Oct 28, 2017 10:35
Vote:

Hi David,

Thank you for repsonding and for providing the link to add search providers.

Ill take a look at this and try to implement something so that i can return expired pages.

Thanks

Paul

Oct 29, 2017 13:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.