Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Gadgets intermittently showing on Add Gadget menu

Vote:

This is a cross-post from stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44496332/gadgets-intermittently-showing-on-add-gadget-menu 

I'm working on an EPiServer 9.2 project and I'm developing some Gadgets to be used on the dashboard. Development has been going fine until recently the Gadgets disappeared from the Add Gadget menu. Checking source control, I can see that no changes have been made to the Gadget types themselves nor to the module entry in the episerver.config. I've reverted my working copy to the point that the gadgets were initially added (and were visible) and the gadgets have been available on the menu about 5% of the time.

Due to reasons beyond our control we're sharing a database for development. I know other parts of EPiServer don't like this set up (pagetypes and DDS) and I'm wondering if this is maybe the cause of my trouble. Is the Add Gadget menu populated via reflection or via a list of Gadgets stored in the database (that might be getting trampled by one of my colleagues re-building and running the site with the gadgets disabled)?

Jun 12, 2017 11:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.