Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to transport image blobs in the Blog content via XML

Vote:

In our system we have around 2500 EPiServer.Community.Blog entities and since this is discontinued, I am in the process of rewriting these Blogs as CMS Pages in a new solution. For data migration, I use a job to fetch all blog data and generate an XML; and then another job to read this XML and create new Blog CMS Pages in the new solution. 

Problem is the blog content (Xhtml added in TinyMCE) has a lot of image blobs which make the XML huge and unresponsive, even if I fetch small batches of 50 blogs. Can I compress these image blobs during the data migration? Has anyone else done something like this already?

Thanks in advance. 

Aug 27, 2020 3:25
Vote:

It's long time since I worked with Community packages, but is it so that export tool inserts these images inside XML file? Is it possible to export blog content with references to media (and not actual content)? That would allow you to insert images and blog content separatelly. Also working with huge XML files is just painful.

Aug 28, 2020 6:00
Vote:

No, these are not EPI media data, these images are already in the content (Xhtml added in TinyMCE).

Aug 28, 2020 6:16
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.