Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create an mvc form in cms / admin

Vote:

I have followed this article to be able to generate a new link in the cms / admin menu located in the admin tab.

https://blog.novacare.no/creating-episerver-admin-plugins-using-mvc/

I can't find a way to be able to display a form in mvc into the section cms/admin

Everything I try fails. @model -> error. @viewdata -> error That is, I can't bind the model to the view How can I generate a form according to mvc in the section of cms / admin? I don't know if anyone has run into this problem. I have googled but have not found the answer. Everything points to the fact that I have to put a new webconfig for each folder of views that I put ...
EPiServer Episerver Web Content Management System 11.20.0.0
Feb 16, 2021 14:15
Vote:

You can download and explore Episerver Foundation example website - there are few admin tools with code. Explore tools under the extensions menu. 

Let me know if you still having difficulty, I'll share some code. 

Feb 16, 2021 18:19
Vote:

What worked for me:

to implement a link in episerver cms admin and link it to a form

follow the instructions in this guide to make the link

The form:
Create a new Areas / Cms
and here inside apply the model view controller.

and in the controller
[HttpGet]
[Authorize (Roles = "CmsAdmins")]

now I have a form that links to the cms admin menu.

thanks to all.

Mar 05, 2021 14:10
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.