Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Linking between websites in the same installation

Vote:

I am experiencing a strange behaviour, in regards to generating links between two websites, specifically links to child-pages, which both exists in the same Optimizely installation.

To illustrate, lets say i have the following pages (color coded to make each website easier to keep track of):

• Website 1 startpage
    • Article page on website 1
  • Website 2 startpage
    • Article page on website 2

Scenario:

On "Article page on website 1" i want to make a link to "Article page on website 2" using a "LinkItemCollection" property:

The strange behaviour is experienced when i render the link on the page - it keeps outputting the domain as if the page was under "Website 1 startpage", instead of "Website 2 startpage" where it belongs, which results in a 404.

What is also strange is, that if i specifically wanted to link from "Article page on website 1" to "Website 2 startpage", the domain is correct - which means, i can only ever create a link to the Startpage of a different site. It is as if the link generation can not "guess" which website it belongs to.

Has anybody else dealt with this issue?

Feb 17, 2022 11:58
Vote:

It often depends on how you render/resolve the URL in your views. What methods are you using to render the URL? You have to resolve it in the current context for it to work with different domains. I recommend using the Url.ContentUrl(Model.MyUrlProperty) method. 

Edited, Feb 21, 2022 2:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.