Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migration and SEO

Vote:

Hi, we are doing a migration from SharePoint CMS to Optimizely CMS. We are migrating over existing urls, so the pages in Optimizely will have the same url as in SharePoint CMS. Is it possible to force the ranking of pages when going over to Optimizely in terms of SEO for external search page (google, etc) after launch? 

Jul 05, 2023 10:00
Vote:

If the brand new Optimizely site will have the exact same URL (including domain name) as your SharePoint-site, I don't think Google would care when you switch DNS from one site to another.

Jul 05, 2023 15:27
Tam Duc Ha Vo - Jul 06, 2023 8:55
Yes, the url and domain name will be the same. It's a complete redesign though. Will the redesign of the website affect SEO?
Vote:

I'm no SEO expert, but my guess is that as long as the complete URL and the content is the same, Google doesn't care if you update your design or swap out the CMS.

Jul 06, 2023 9:10
Tam Duc Ha Vo - Jul 06, 2023 9:11
Alright, thank you!
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.