Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems with EPiServer.Fields.LongString (epi 4.50)

Vote:

I have experienced problems using EPiServer.Fields.LongString i combination with other types of "LongStrings" for the same pagetype. The editor produces errors like "document is null or not an object", and the rightclick menu does not work properly. I have tried various hotfixes, and re-deploying the editor-javascripts in the util-folder without success. The only working solution in my case was to set all properties for the pagetype in question to use "EPiServer.Fields.LongString" to make the error disappear.
Oct 14, 2005 10:26
Vote:

We have identified this problem with EPiFields when using more than one EPiField or LongString-property on the same page, and there is a hotfix available that fixes the problem. You should be able to retrieve this fix through our support services, just email support@ep.se and ask for the EPiFields fix to solve the "document is null or not an object"-problem. More info: The problem occurs due to a timing problem where javascript is executed before the whole page has been retrieved. It usually occurs when more than one editor is enabled for a page and (atleast) one of them is based on EPiFields. The cause of the problem was that some script was registered using RegisterClientScriptBlock() instead of RegisterStartupScript(). Regards, Johan Olofsson Developer / EP Research
Oct 14, 2005 16:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.