Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unified File Structure

Vote:

[Inner exception FileNotFoundException: The file "/upload/Folktandvrden/bilder/vard.jpg does the UFS handle swedish characters or not?
Mar 11, 2005 15:15
Vote:

The code below is what i have in my web.config files. On my windows server 2000 development machine everything works perfectly. Swedish åäö is handled and there is no problem. Moving over to the server 2003 test machine and anything with åäö is not rendered. I get filenotfoundexceptions and the error like the one above. Its obvious from that error that its missing the åäö in the file name when using UFS on server 2003. Ive checked all permissions and config settings I can find on the test machine. They match the settings on the 2000 development machine but it just doesnt work. Has anyone else experienced this? I emailed support but so far nothing.
Mar 15, 2005 10:26
Vote:

Answer from EPiServer Support: Issue ID 19126 Title Simple address to page and secured files cannot containt national characters on Windows 2003 Status Fixed Fixed in EPiServer 4.31 Description: For example simple address "/möte" will not work, this also applies to secured files for example "/extranet/Möte.doc" which uses the same logic. Internet Information Services(IIS) 6 seems to encode the querystring different than IIS 5 when redirecting to the custom 404 file. I dont think I mentioned I was using 4.30. So if you are considering using UFS in 4.30 - if you've got åöä in your folder names - its not going to work! Upgrade!
Mar 15, 2005 11:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.