Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Subscription-mail sent twice

Vote:

I have a problem with subscription mail generated from our EPiServer v. 4.41. Somehow each mail is sent twice to every recipient, and I can't figure out why. At first I thought this was due to several installations on the server. However, as far as I can see the subscription is activated only on our live-server. We do also have a couple of web-sites that has been running EPiServer. These are Stopped in the IIS. How is the mail-sending performed? Is there any service on one of the Stopped installations which may be running, regardless of the actual web site being stopped? Frank Langva
Jun 16, 2005 12:10
Vote:

have you checked that the old episerver 3 service isnt running in parallel with the new one? /John
Jun 16, 2005 15:53
Vote:

Maybe you have more than one subscription page? Each subscription page will point out a subscription root. For example, if the site's rootpage is one subscription root and the startpage is another subscription root, all pages below the startpage are covered by both subscription roots. If a user is subscribing to both subscription pages, he/she will receive two mails. Check the history of the subscription job, what does it say? "X subscription roots were found, Y mails were sent"
Jul 12, 2005 11:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.