Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Versioning Problem

Vote:

I have been working on building an EPiServer 4.50 site for a client and I noticed the versioning is not working correctly. While in Edit Mode I make an update to an existing page and select 'Save and Preview' the page is updated and a preview of the new page is shown. If I then click on the same page in the Structure on the left, the version of the page that is previewed is the last published version not the latest unpublished version. I can look at the Version List and it has all of the versions, but the last published version is selected. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on a resolution? Thanks, Bevan
Jul 21, 2005 15:51
Vote:

This has always been this way. It's probably by-design and always one of the questions I receive when ever a customer has used EPiServer some time. Clicking on the tree stucture on the left "resets" the version to the latest published version. I'm not sure how else EPiServer should work? It would be strange if you did not se the published version whenever you navigated the tree, would it not?
Jul 25, 2005 18:50
Vote:

Hello! I just wanted you to know that this is made by design. We considered to make this change last year when we created the multi language environment that works as you want it to work, ie: if you have created but not published a version of the language this will be shown instead of the published page. In the end we decided to not change the behaviour for normal pages as this might be confusing for existing editors. Perhaps this will be changed in EPiServer 5 but don't think we will change this in EPiServer 4.
Aug 04, 2005 16:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.