Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Who made this ... EPiManager?

Vote:

:> I need hang someone ;) Because epiManager don't work on my development computer I made another virtual pc with windows 2003, but I can't install database when there is only access to this database using SQL authorization... EpiManager says: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." null :) but why? (it's better - that now it is using null than crashing, but when I type proper user and password this not helps). Ok - I can't install db - so I will try installing it from SQL file...
Jul 01, 2005 15:29
Vote:

Ok - now installation works (after changes in web.config, because database connection string was badly saved by manager :)), but what now? What user and password saves installation file? Should/Can I create user manually? Hmm... Maybe I will just copy my DB to the server. But you should anyway repair EPiManager - it is useless for installation where there is SQL server on other machine and you have access to it only via SQL server authorization. I can help with these changes - seriously! Regards
Jul 01, 2005 16:24
Vote:

EPiServer Manager uses a trusted SQL connection when adding users and creating databases, by design. You can create the user manually if you like. Just remember to give the user owner rights in the database. By the way, how did you fix the connection string? Was it a wrong protocol or...? Thanks for the input!
Jul 01, 2005 19:22
Vote:

Connection string was bad because database name/address was empty (null) and each request to default.aspx page was ended with exception (I don't remember it now :( )
Jul 03, 2005 21:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.