Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error Connection to Database

Vote:

Recently we moved our Episerver SQL Server database to a DB farm, so it is no longer hosted on the EPIServer box. I made the necessary adjustments on the Setting/Db tab in teh administrator. Most of the time it displays and functions normally. But on many ocassions users are recieveing an error where they get An Error has Ocurred Can not open database Source Microsoft OLE DB provider for SQL Server Description timeout expired error code -2147467259 (80004005) If I google this error in the internet, I can find about 1/2 dozen links to the same error but they are all from Websites that host EPiseverver. No one seems to have any advice. Here is one of those links http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:0g0hMVsx3KsJ:www.scb.se/templates/SCBDOK/DocumentationOfStatisticsContainer____93045.asp%3FAOID%3DJO+episerver+error+2147467259&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3 Can someone tell me if there is a setting that I need to adjust in the EPiserver admin screen for this or if there is a security issues for the users since the DB moved to another server. Kind regards Vivian
Jun 13, 2006 20:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.