Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with caching on Unified File System

Vote:

Hi We are using Episerver 4.61, Windows Server 2003. Our files (images, pdf, doc) on the UFS (Unified file system) are not cached on the browser client (IE 6/IE 7). But our files that exist in a folder inside the IIS 6, are cached by the browser client. An image file in the IIS 6 has the following http header. If-Modified-Since: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:10:50 GMT If-None-Match: "039be548b38c61:29a" Pragma: no-cache An image file in the UFS folder has the following header. If-Modified-Since: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:05:17 GMT Pragma: no-cache I'm not sure but I can see that EpiServer seems to have the same "feature", because if you use fiddler you can see that all images that you have in your layout folder, which i assume resides in an UFS, are not cache by the browser e.g. /layout/images/concept/microsft_Gold.gif. But all your other images are cached e.g. /imageas/gradient-s_bottom.gif. Our settings in web.config for UFS are: I can't see our UFS folder in the IIS manager, maybe this is the reason for our problem? My question is how can I configure our servers so that the files from UFS are cached on the browser client? // Jörgen
Sep 19, 2006 11:09
Vote:

EPiServer people, a comment or a solution, please!!! We have 700 concurrent users per server. So this "issues" costs a lot of bandwidth, and we already use alot of bandwidth. J
Sep 26, 2006 14:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.