Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

dynamic topmenu

Vote:

hi friends,i have already menu in javascript.this manu has onmouse over fuction.if i put the cursor on menu the page will show some children pages.now i want to create this menu dynamically from episerver with this the same functionalities.please help me.
Nov 15, 2007 9:17
Vote:

Depending on your dynamic menu, this might, or might not be a lot of work. As a general rule of thumb, if you're not using AJAX for this, then all the javascript for the menu must be generated on the server - as this is where you have your data (and can do GetPage/GetChildren calls.) You could try to use the PageTree to see if it can help you generate the script, but I think you might have to code quite a lot, iterating with GetChildren on the server. Beware about performance thought - as iterating over lots of PageData for each request will be very demanding on your server - especially if you get lots of requests. You could solve that by caching the html for the menu after generating it the first time. /Steve
Nov 15, 2007 21:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.