Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Getting 'Specified cast is not valid' exception when trying to run sample website

Vote:

Hello, I'm trying to run the sample website of Episerver 4.61 on .NET 1.1. under IIS but I get this exception. "Specified cast is not valid" Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.] EPiServer.Core.PropertyPageReference.set_Value(Object value) +39 EPiServer.Core.DynamicPropertyPage.GetData(PropertyDataCollection pageProperties, Boolean ignoreExisting) +269 EPiServer.Core.DynamicPropertyTree.SetDynamicProperties(PageData page, Boolean ignoreExisting) +295 EPiServer.DataFactory.GetPage(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector, AccessLevel access) +957 EPiServer.DataFactory.GetPage(PageReference pageLink, AccessLevel access) +86 EPiServer.PageBase.GetPage(PageReference pageLink) +173 EPiServer.SimplePage.get_CurrentPage() +177 EPiServer.EditPage.get_CurrentPage() +218 EPiServer.SimplePage.QueryAccess() +7 EPiServer.RightClickMenu.ᐁ() +38 EPiServer.TemplatePage.ᐂ(Object , EventArgs ) +228 System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +67 EPiServer.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) +415 EPiServer.TemplatePage.OnInit(EventArgs e) +94 development.Default.OnInit(EventArgs e) +22 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +240 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +197 ------------ I've searched on Episerver website but there's no mention to this error when running a start installation of Episerver. I'm still learning how to use Episerver but the truth is without the sample website is a bit hard to follow the Developer manual because it seems to be closely based on this default website sample, that I can't run. How can I fix the problem? Can anyone help me?? Thanks in advance HB
Feb 19, 2008 17:04
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.