Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Help with Creating New Project in Visual Studio 2005

Vote:

Hi there:

I am very new to EPiServer world. I downloaded the trial EPiServer CMS 5 Manager with SP2 and installed it. I installed a test website using the manager.

The problem is that I can not create a new project using VS 2005. I don't see the EPiServer as one of the installed templates in the new project window. I have tried running the 'devenv /setup' command as I read somewhere that this refreshes the modules that VS initializes at startup. But nothing happened. I have tried re-installing the server many times.

The other thing is I requested to download the SDK too, but the email that I got has the license file in it without any link to download the SDK or anything attached to it. I was wondering is it part of the problem? Or how to install the SDK using the manager?

I would really appreciate if someone can help. Also, I would appreicate if someone could point me to some resources that can help a newbie come up to speed.

thanks

Inam.

Jun 02, 2008 23:59
Vote:

In order to create EPiServer projects from Visual Studio you need to install the SDK-package. This includes the Visual Studio 2005 Integration as well as the SDK Documentation.
Jun 03, 2008 8:10
Vote:

Hi,

To be able to see and create an EPiServer project in VS 2005 you need the SDK installation. The SDK is not a link in the E-mail. Instead it will "popup" after 5 seconds in your browser when you click the download button. A problem might then be your browser. Try adding world.episerver.com as a trusted site and look over the security settings of your web browser.

A good start when developing in EPiServer CMS 5 is too look in the how too section in http://sdk.episerver.com/ as well as looking at the code samples provided by bloggers at this site and at labs.episerver.com.

You can find answer to installaton problem and error messages at our FAQ section, our search this site.

Regards Per

Jun 03, 2008 8:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.