Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Versioned filesystem and EpiserverIndexingService5

Vote:

I'm getting some strange results when using SearchDataSource to search for files indexed by the EpiserverIndexingService5 service.

I have a versioned filesystem called "Documents" in VPP.
When I first upload a file, it gets indexed and everything works just fine.
If I choose to create a new version of the file (overwtite the exsisting) the content of the file is reindexed correctly, but in the PageDataCollection returned by SearchDataSource.Select(...) method,  the files(PageData) Changed property is still that of the original version of the file.

Do anyone know if there is a bug in the indexing of files in a versioned filesystem that "forgets" to update the Changed property ?

If I retrieve the file directly from VPP using HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetFile(file.StaticLinkURL) , the Changed date is correct, so this has to do with the indexing of the file.

With this bug, the search result shows the the wrong date (PageChanged) for versioned files,  and I actually need to get the files from VPP to sort them correctly in my "Recently modified files" control...

Jun 06, 2008 13:30
Vote:

Hi,

This has been confirmed as a bug in EPiServer and a fix for this will probably be included in our next release:

#11044 Searchdatasource returns the wrong changed date on updated files  

Jun 12, 2008 13:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.