Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem deleting previous version

Vote:

Hello!

I've had a import-job running for a few weeks now, now I noticed that we hade forgot to set maxium numbers of pageversions, so some pages have like 750 different versions..

So i changed that the maxium allowed versions = 40, and tried to run the import, but it failed... So i tried to just save a page thorugh edit mode, and it fails aswell..

I guess the reasons to this is that episerver tries to remove about ~700versions of the page. Any idea how to remove this amount of versions withour sql-timout?

SQL-error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at EPiServer.DataAccess.AbstractCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageSaveDB.PublishPageVersionInternal(String currentUser, Int32 workPageID) at EPiServer.DataAccess.PageSaveDB.Save(PageData page, SaveAction action, String currentUser) at EPiServer.LocalPageStore.Save(PageData page, SaveAction action, AccessLevel access) at EPiServer.DataFactory.Save(PageData page, SaveAction action, AccessLevel access) at Bisnode.Corporate.Web.Plugins.SchedulerImportBga.CreateOrUpdateCountry(XmlNode country) at Bisnode.Corporate.Web.Plugins.SchedulerImportBga.Execute()
Jul 04, 2008 15:27
Vote:

Hi Erik!

It think this should do the trick: Remove old versions job.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs

Jul 04, 2008 16:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.