Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForm & TranslatedValidationSummary

Vote:

Hi,

I have migrated site from Episerver CMS 4.61 to 5 R2 SP2. 

The pages with XForm give me parse exception - Unknown server tag 'EPiServer:TranslatedValidationSummary'.

I have replaced <EPiServer:TranslatedValidationSummary Runat="server" /> with <asp:ValidationSummary runat="server" /> (according to example from public templates for CMS 5) in the XForm.ascx. At the moment pages are loading normally. But validation summary does not appear if validation errors exist. What is wrong? What should be done to make validation summary working correct?

Thanks in advance, Vladimir

Apr 14, 2010 13:15
Vote:

Hi

You're probably missing the  ValidationSummary's ValidationGroup property. Usually this is set to XForm.

<asp:ValidationSummary ID="XFormValidationSummary" runat="server" ValidationGroup="XForm" />

Hope this helps

Frederik

Apr 14, 2010 16:49
Vote:

Thank you, Frederik.

But the reason of my trouble was another. It was wrong action type specified ('Send e-mail' instead of 'Save to database') for submit button in the form properties. That's why validation did not work.

Apr 14, 2010 23:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.