Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

OnlineCenter Gadget exception

Vote:

When trying to add one of the standard gadgets to the dashboard I get this error message:

Exception details:

UnknownGadgetException: No gadget template was found for the template id = 000b5e2a-6a31-4b1c-adaa-b074619de55b

Stack trace:

[UnknownGadgetException: No gadget template was found for the template id = 000b5e2a-6a31-4b1c-adaa-b074619de55b]
   at EPiServer.Shell.Gadgets.GadgetFactory.CreateGadgetFromTemplate(Guid gadgetTemplateId)
   at EPiServer.Shell.UI.Controllers.DashboardController.AddGadget(Guid gadgetTemplateId, Guid containerId, Int32 indexPosition)
   at lambda_method(ExecutionScope , ControllerBase , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__7()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
   at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
When closing the error message and clicking on Edit on the current tab the gadget appears and functions correct. Most of the time after this therer is no problem adding gadgets but sometimes the error occurs continously.
Jan 19, 2011 10:46
Vote:

Hi Tobias!

Is this a standard installation or have you done any changes that you think could affect gadgets?

/Linus

Jan 20, 2011 9:56
Vote:

This is a standard installation with EPiServer CMS 6, ImageVault and Composer 4, and nothing special is made for the gadgets. The site is loadbalanced if that has anything to do with it. 

Jan 31, 2011 8:35
Vote:

Hi, I've filed this as bug #61720. Until this is fixed a workaround is enabling "sticky ip" on the load balancer.

Jan 31, 2011 14:23
Vote:

Hi Cristian

You found solution of this issue because i am facing same issue with my own gadget?

May 25, 2011 6:02
Vote:

I recommend you upgrade to CMS 6 R2 since the issue has been fixed there:

http://world.episerver.com/Support/Bug-List/#bug,EPiServer CMS,61720,mQX6RbOIc6PdPX6kltnoViBMlEA%3d

May 25, 2011 10:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.