Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Link validation

Vote:

I'm moving pages from a CMS system to EPiServer on these pages there is links to local documents, when I'm done with the import I would like to validate that all these links are still working. I've tried using the build in link validation scheduled job but it reports all links as broken. When I view the link status report I can click on all links and they work fine. In the table tblPageSoftLinks in the EPiServer database all the links have LinkStatus = 2, a status I haven't add the luck finding out what means.

I've tried  internalLinkValidation="Request" and "API", in the episerver.config but there has been no difference. Have anyone had these same problems, or can help me getting the problem solved?

May 13, 2011 14:26
Vote:

I figured out why the validation of all local documents failed. When the job builds the Uri for the request it uses the siteUrl setting for the episerver.config. I changed the url for the site during development but didn't change the value in the episerver.config, therefore the Uri for the local document was wrong and it returned an connection faliure. So I changed the siteUrl setting and now it worked better, there is still a couple of document reported broken that are not but not all of them.

FYI - The LinkStatus from the database comes from System.Net.WebExceptionStatus.

May 18, 2011 15:14
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.