Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Detect language via browser's language preference Jumps around from EN-US to EN-GB

Vote:

We have 2 english language sites enabled and both  are localized with specific content for US and UK. I have not done extensive testing with other languages, so I will strictly discuss our issue with the English language sites. I have checked various browsers (FF2, FF4, IE6, IE8, and Safari) and I will manually set the browser to have EN-US as the default language for the browser. I will then open up a browser (IE8 for example), and then go to our website www.mywebsite.com. It will load as EN-US. If I close the browser, re-open it and then type it again, then it will load EN-GB.

It seems random. Sometimes I will get EN-US and sometimes I will get EN-GB. If my default language is EN-US, then I would say majority of the time it will bring me to EN-US, but it's that 10% of the time that it will bring me to EN-GB. I do not understand why this happens in our US office, and it happens in our UK office as well. I have had other coworkers complain to me about it and they say sometimes they get the right website, and sometimes not.

Is there something I am missing? We have Detect language via browser's language preference checked and enabled. I assume maybe it is the way this detects the browser language and redirects to the EPiServer language site and something is not functioning properly? I don't know and this has been going on for months.

Has anyone else seen this jump around like this with this feature enabled?

Jul 15, 2011 16:04
Vote:

Oh and I am on CMS 5 R2.

Jul 15, 2011 16:04
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.