Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Epi CMS editor's navigation panel freezing when too many pages in it [EpiServe 9.x]

Vote:

Hi!

In my current project we have a relly big amount of created pages.

The problem is that when an editor is using Episerver's CMS Edit "Navigation Pane" all of created pages are showed at once and it causes that whole admin panel is freezing for a while.

Is there any way to make pages list loading as lazy loading (e.g. 100 pages, then next 100 on scroll and next...)?

I thought about writing my own control for admin panel, but it will take too much time...

Oct 25, 2016 10:44
Vote:

I also have a similar issue with a site that currently has around 60K content items. The customer also describes it as freezing of asset pane and no-so-great performances in edit mode.

I tried to minimize this to some extent, by hiding some of the content items in edit mode (for me, this was possible due to the purpose of a big part of the tree):

[ServiceConfiguration(typeof(IContentQuery))]
    public class GetChildrenSkipProfilesForEditorsQuery : GetChildrenQuery
    {
        public override int Rank
        {
            get
            {
                return 100;
            }
        }

public GetChildrenSkipProfilesForEditorsQuery(IContentQueryHelper queryHelper, IContentRepository contentRepository, LanguageSelectorFactory languageSelectorFactory)
            : base(queryHelper, contentRepository, languageSelectorFactory)
        {
        }

protected override IEnumerable<IContent> GetContent(ContentQueryParameters parameters)
        {
            var content = base.GetContent(parameters).Where(c => !(c is ProfilePage) || FilterAccess.QueryDistinctAccessEdit(c, AccessLevel.Administer));
            return content;
        }
    }

Not sure if this is possible for you, so you have a couple of queries and then they could be valid for different editor roles?

BR,

Marija

Oct 26, 2016 15:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.