Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 5 - trailing space in folder name

Vote:

We have a Legacy CMS5 site which for some reason has ended up with a Versioned File System folder containing a trailing space in the name (I suspect that this happened with an upload, as CMS 5 can handle uploading of folders).

You can use the File Manager to access the folder and documents OK, but links to documents in the folder don't get resolved - the folder name appears in the document URL with a trailing '%20'.

Has anyone else ever encountered this issue and - more importantly - know how to fixit?

Thanks,

Mark

Nov 01, 2016 12:21
Vote:

Think there is a config setting for allowed chars? That would be my first bet. Make sure that space isn't allowed. That will make sure that there will be no more files at least. Was a while since I played around with Epi 5 but I remember having some problems with that part yes. 

Fixing existing folders can either be done manually or build a scheduled job that loops through the file structure and renames folders. 

Nov 01, 2016 13:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.