Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ProjectNotificationFormatter Error while upgrading CMS to 10.3

Vote:

Hi,

My application uses CMS 9.12 hosted on cloud. I am trying to upgrade CMS to 10.3. I updated CMS as well as updated database by using UpdateDatabaseSchema=true.

When I am running my application it gives following error:

While loading .NET types from "EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI" the following error(s) was reported:

- System.TypeLoadException: Method 'FormatUserMessageAsync' in type 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Notifications.Internal.ProjectNotificationFormatter' from assembly 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' does not have an implementation.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationException: While loading .NET types from "EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI" the following error(s) was reported:

- System.TypeLoadException: Method 'FormatUserMessageAsync' in type 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Notifications.Internal.ProjectNotificationFormatter' from assembly 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' does not have an implementation.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Users\gmv51\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\51a1b133\2797a1ae\App_global.asax.0.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[InitializationException: While loading .NET types from "EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI" the following error(s) was reported:

]
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.InitializationExceptionHelper.ThrowFriendlyTypeScannerException(IEnumerable`1 reflectionExceptions, IEnumerable`1 addonsWithErrors) +95
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.EngineExecute(HostType hostType, Action`1 engineAction) +682
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType) +170
   EPiServer.Global..ctor() +76
   Vattenfall.CustWeb.UI.EPiServerApplication..ctor() +42
   ASP.global_asax..ctor() in c:\Users\gmv51\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\51a1b133\2797a1ae\App_global.asax.0.cs:0

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +113
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +206
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +83
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +1065
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +124
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +20
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreateNonPublicInstance(Type type, Object[] args) +60
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +276
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9947444
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +261

Help me out from this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanket Mahimkar

Dec 27, 2016 16:57
Vote:

I also got that exception when upgrading to 10.3 from CMS 10.2.

A work around is upgrading CMS UI package to 10.3.0.0.

Dec 28, 2016 8:15
Vote:

CMS 10.3.0 had the wrong CMS UI dependency (10.2.0 instead of 10.3.0) and has now been updated.
http://nuget.episerver.com/en/OtherPages/Package/?packageId=EPiServer.CMS&packageVersion=10.3.0

Edited, Dec 28, 2016 9:38
Vote:

Thanks Dung and John,

It worked finally!!

Regards,

Sanket Mahimkar

Dec 28, 2016 9:42
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.