Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error exporting database from Azure

Vote:

Trying to create a local copy of the production database I get errors like this:

One or more unsupported elements were found in the schema used as part of a data package.
Error SQL71501: Error validating element [dbo].[editDeletePageCheck]: Procedure: [dbo].[editDeletePageCheck] has an unresolved reference to object [dbo].[sp_executesql].
 (Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac)

Error SQL71501: Error validating element [dbo].[netReportChangedPages]: Procedure: [dbo].[netReportChangedPages] has an unresolved reference to object [dbo].[sp_executesql].[@Language].

Error SQL71501: Error validating element [dbo].[netPropertySearchStringMeta]: Procedure: [dbo].[netPropertySearchStringMeta] has an unresolved reference to object [dbo].[sp_executesql].[@LangBranchID]

What is the cause of this error and how can it be solved? I get these error in both the Azure Portal Export function and when trying to export directly in SSMS. Is there a better way to create a copy of an Azure database (not DXP)?

Mar 16, 2021 14:41
Vote:

Right click the database, and choose «Export Data-Tier Application» to create a .bacpac file.

I have seen the same error message. I got a cup of coffee, connected to the database from a different computer, with a different versjon of SSMS using different credidentials - then it worked. Not sure if it was the coffee, the computer, SSMS or the user account that did the trick.

Edited, Mar 16, 2021 15:55
Vote:

Ok, I'll try the coffee approach then :). My research points to that these error can occur if the database is under use so I'll try to perform a backup when site usage is lower or try creating a copy of the database to make the restore based on that.

Mar 17, 2021 7:32
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.