Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VisitorGroupMembershipModel has changed mappings following upgrade from CMS 11 to 12

Vote:

VisitorGroupMembershipModel has changed mappings following upgrade from CMS 11 to 12, which breaks already existing visitor groups that uses VisitorGroupMembershipModel.

In CMS 11 it seems VisitorGroupMembershipModel has non-nullable Guid VisitorGroupId, but that changed to a nullable Guid in CMS 12. There is no EPiServerDataStoreAttribute.AutomaticallyRemapStore on VisitorGroupMembershipModel, so in the end I get the following error:

typeBag entry with name 'VisitorGroupId' has a CLR type of System.Nullable`1[[System.Guid, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]] but the mapping with the same name has a CLR type of System.Guid.

Is it a short term solution to run this query?

UPDATE tblBigTableStoreInfo 
SET PropertyType = 'System.Nullable`1[[System.Guid, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]]' 
WHERE fkStoreId = X AND PropertyName = 'VisitorGroupId'

Also, following this upgrade from CMS 11 to 12 with many issues I feel you should really start with bug bounties...

Dec 20, 2022 11:40
Vote:

Also had to run the following script:

UPDATE tblSystemBigTable
SET String03 = 'EPiServer.Personalization.VisitorGroups.Criteria.VisitorGroupMembershipCriterion, EPiServer.Cms.AspNetCore'
WHERE String03 = 'EPiServer.Personalization.VisitorGroups.Criteria.VisitorGroupMembershipCriterion, EPiServer.Cms.AspNet'

Any input from Optimizely here? Seems like a bug for me.

Jan 26, 2023 7:35
Vote:

This should happen automatically on startup with automatic schema updates.  Not sure why it was not run for you but we defintely hav a script to update.

Jan 26, 2023 17:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.