Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

schedule for publish not work at time excatly in spain 2h delay for establish publish schedule

Vote:

in episerver in the edition section when publishing a page or block with schedule for publish
 It takes 2 hours to be published, compared to the local time in Spain. what do i know in bbdd it is saved as utc and in the bkoficce he asks me for it in local time in Spain. Tests carried out. I have set the server to Spanish time. but the problem persists. I have put the sql in Spain time but the problem persists. Scheduled posts appear 2h later than desired. Where is the configuration or where can I correct this? Thanks a lot.

It happens to me with all projects. I have downloaded Quicksilver and locally it does not publish at the correct time either

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

En episerver en la seccion de edicion al publicar una pagina o blocke con programación de publicaciones

demora 2h en publicarse, respecto la hora local de españa.

que es lo que se: en bbdd se guarda como utc 
y en el bkoficce me la pide en hora local españa.

Pruebas realizadas.
he puesto el servidor en hora española. pero el problema persiste.
he puesto la sql en hora españa pero el problema persiste.

las publicaciones programadas aparecen 2h despues de lo deseado.

Donde esta la configuracion o donde puedo corregir esto? 

muchas gracias.

Jun 22, 2022 8:01
Vote:

Hola Daniel, What version of CMS are you using? I believe CMS 9 did have some issues converting local time to UTC which was fixed in CMS 10.

Jun 22, 2022 8:45
Vote:

What version of CMS are you using?

In my current project I have this configuration.
If I program the task of publishing a page at 10:00 a.m. Spain time, it publishes it at 12 p.m. Spain time. and it is saved as utc at 8h in sql

EPiServer.Commerce.Internal.Migration 13.31.0.0 Episerver
EPiServer.LinkAnalyzer Link analyzer for Episerver CMS 11.20.7.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI OnLine Center support for EPiServer CMS 11.35.3.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer.Business.Commerce EPiServer Commerce 13.31.0.0 Episerver
Geta.SEO.Sitemaps Search Engine Sitemap generator for EPiServer 1.0.0.0 Geta
EpiComm.Site 1.0.0.5279 Prodware Spain S.A.
EPiServer.Personalization.Commerce Episerver Commerce integration for Episerver Personalization. 3.2.28.0 Episerver
EPiServer.Find.Cms 13.4.4.0 Unknown
EPiServer.UI Supporting logic for the built-in web forms and user controls 11.35.3.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer Episerver Web Content Management System 11.20.7.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer.Commerce.Reporting 13.31.0.0 Episerver
EPiServer.Marketing.Testing.Web 2.6.3.0
Avensia.Storefront.Connector.Epi Avensia Storefront Connector is an integration framework for Episerver. It has prebuilt integrations for entities from Dynamics AX, but can be extended to work with other data sources. 10.1.0.0 Avensia Storefront AB
EPiServer.Cms.AspNet Episerver Web Content Management System 11.20.7.0 Episerver AB

and in the Quicksilver project I have this. and the same thing happens but instead of a 2h delay it happens with a 1h delay and I have it hosted on localhost.

EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI OnLine Center support for EPiServer CMS 11.25.0.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer Episerver Web Content Management System 11.17.0.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer.LinkAnalyzer Link analyzer for Episerver CMS 11.17.0.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer.UI Supporting logic for the built-in web forms and user controls 11.25.0.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer.Cms.AspNet Episerver Web Content Management System 11.17.0.0 Episerver AB
EPiServer.Business.Commerce EPiServer Commerce 13.26.0.0 Episerver
EPiServer.Personalization.Commerce Episerver Commerce integration for Episerver Personalization. 3.2.23.0 Episerver
EPiServer.Commerce.Internal.Migration 13.26.0.0 Episerver
EPiServer.Commerce.Reporting 13.26.0.0 Episerver
Edited, Jun 22, 2022 9:21
Vote:

I have found a job that performs the search for schedules not executed on time. but this is not a correct solution. If I want to publish at 09:00, the cms does not have to do it at 11:00. and I don't have to have a job running every 5 minutes... what solution can i have? Can it be set to Spanish time?

Jun 22, 2022 10:32
Vote:

ah yes! good job finding that. I've had clients set this to every 10 minutes. The default out of the box is one hour.

I would suggest increasing the frequency and then keeping an eye on performance!

Jun 22, 2022 10:42
Vote:

1. Try publishing a page and check the time in edit mode with the versions gadget. If that time is correct then timezones are correct.
  2. Scheduled jobs always use UTC time for when it runs and the dates that are displayed in history for the scheduled job.
  3. Set publish job to run every 10 / 15 mins or so. 
Edited, Jun 22, 2022 12:16
Vote:

You should try increasing the frequency of the job that published delayed content versions. It is by default set to 1 hour. It should be with name under Admin > Scheduled jobs > "Publish Delayed Content Versions"

Jun 22, 2022 12:56
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.