Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Duplicate 'Pages' tab and 'New Block' entries in Optimizely CMS interface

Vote:

Hi, 

Found in EPiServer.CMS 11.20.14 (EPiServer.CMS.UI 11.36.7)

I have two issues with duplicate entries of 'Pages' tab and 'New Block' entries in Optimizely CMS interface. I first suspected that this was related to a plugin that was installed but once I removed it the behaviour still existed. Has anyone experienced this kind of behaviour or has any idea how to remove the duplicate entries? 

The Pages tabs hold exactly the same content but the New Block entries correlate to the following popups:
and

Appreciate any ideas or leads to solve this.

Best regards
Tomas

Sep 20, 2022 12:24
Vote:

Try deleting modules/_protected folder in your web project and then reinstalling the nuget packages to bring them back in a clean fashion.

Sep 20, 2022 12:54
TomasMelin - Sep 21, 2022 8:29
I tried this but without success. I deleted modules/_protected folder and then reinstalled the nuget packages using Update-Package -ProjectName
Vote:

Anything I suggestion are going to be shots in the dark so ultimate it might be prudent to reach out to support.

However you mentioned installing an addon...sometimes when an addon is uninstalled, some cleanup tasks get missed. Maybe have a look at this addon's source code and see if you can find a class that inherits from PackageInitializer. That'll show you what actions it performed when you installed it.

Sep 21, 2022 8:42
Vote:

Try 

Update-Package -reinstall

which would reinstall all packages. 

Sep 21, 2022 13:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.