Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Inline blocks disabled - CMS still creates them

Vote:

I have updated CMS to version 12.22.5 - I don't want to use Inline block

Tried to use (both in appsettings and Startup.cs):

"InlineBlocksInContentAreaEnabled": false

But still when I try to create a new block from Content Area -> Create a new block => Inline block is created.

Sep 11, 2023 7:30
Vote:

Hi,

Have you reported this directly to optimizely?

I have just upgraded a project and haven't tested the feature yet. The project i am work on is completely new. Is yours the same? 

Interested to know if it is more an upgrade to 12.20.0 to 12.22 5 or somewhere in between as it might be a problem. If you have already upgraded to a version which introduced inline blocks and are now going back to disabling them as it may have already converted the blocks to I line blocks.

As I understood from opti you can only use the disable setting if you have not already upgraded to inline blocks.

Not much help I know, however seems like we should have a way to go back.

Paul

Sep 11, 2023 10:32
Vote:

I had a version 12.17.X and updated to 12.22.5 
I was informed that you need to opt-in to use inline blocks. Adding appsettings was only for making it explicit that I don't want to have that feature.

It was not reported directly yet.

Thanks,

Dawid

Sep 11, 2023 10:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.