Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migrating with upgrade-assistant from EpiServer CMS 11 to 12

Vote:

Hello

I'm trying to use the uppgrade-assistant with the episerver extension, but have several issues.

First it does seem to recognise the episerver extension, but none of the "Update source code" seems to be applied only fixes marked as "UA", it wont even show any EP-fixes.

It also favors upgrading to .net6, I've tried to set its path and hack the file to point it to .net5, but always end up in .net6, but it seems to fail to update several packages and include packages which EPiServer relies upon.

Any ideas as to why it doesnt seem to use the Optimizely extension?

It would be a hassle if we have to transfer each page one by one to a new 12-project, or maybe that is the best solution?

With regards

Marcus Hansson Tängemo

Dec 10, 2021 15:34
Vote:

Hi Marcus,

Have you read and followed the steps listed by Luc Gosso in his blog post "Upgrading Episerver CMS 11 to Optimizely CMS 12, porting to .NET 5"?

And you have the latest version of the upgrade assistant extension https://github.com/episerver/upgrade-assistant-extensions/releases (currently 1.0.7)?

Edited, Dec 19, 2021 13:15
Vote:

Hi

No, I didnt know about this blogpost actually. I will walk through it and see if it works as intended or atleast helps me on the way.

Thank you very much!

Dec 20, 2021 7:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.