Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to Find the "Find Tab(Find administation panels)" in Optimizely 12

Vote:

HI. I have upgraded from Optimizely (Episerver) 11 til Optimizely 12. 
I have Installed “EpiServer.Find.CMS” Module 14.2.1.0, and I have Indexed dokuments  to a test index on https://find.episerver.com/. My searchpage returns searchResults as expected.

But I Can not find the “Find tab” as I have in Optimizely 11.
Do I have to configure something to get the "Find tab" visible or the "Find Administation Panel"

Oct 17, 2022 13:57
Vote:

Hi,

Assuming everything's set up correctly, you should be able to find the search configuration under "Search & Navigation" in the "waffle" menu.

The only configuration you'd need to do would be to ensure you've set up the index details either in the appsettings.json or through configuration then ensure you're calling AddFind() after AddCms() in ConfigureServices in your startup.cs.

Oct 17, 2022 15:15
Vote:

If you mean in the CMS there's 2 thing

1. It's Search & Navigation now rather than Find as there was a product rename
  2. It's now in the left vertical menu rather than a tab

As long as you have the correct package installed with the dependant UI packages it should show as long as it's set up in the Services configuration

Edited, Oct 17, 2022 15:18
Vote:

Thanks for replay.

The left Vertical menu (Vaffel menu) is actualy not visible  in my Optimizely.CMS 12 . I check the Packages and it should be find. ?

<TargetFramework>net6.0</TargetFramework>
-----
<PackageReference Include="EPiServer.CMS" Version="12.13.1" />
<PackageReference Include="EPiServer.CMS.AspNetCore.HtmlHelpers" Version="12.9.3" />
<PackageReference Include="EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core" Version="12.13.1" />
<PackageReference Include="EPiServer.Find" Version="14.2.1" />
<PackageReference Include="EPiServer.Find.Cms" Version="14.2.1" />
<PackageReference Include="EPiServer.Find.Framework" Version="14.2.1" />
<PackageReference Include="EPiServer.Forms.UI" Version="5.3.0" />
<PackageReference Include="EPiServer.Framework" Version="12.9.3" />
<PackageReference Include="System.Linq.Async" Version="6.0.1" />

In startup I have:

-----
 services.AddCms();
 services.AddFind();
-----

configuration:

"EPiServer": {
	"Find": {
      "serviceUrl": "SetInUserSecrets",
      "defaultIndex": "SetInUserSecrets"
    }
}
Oct 18, 2022 7:19
Scott Reed - Oct 18, 2022 8:12
Yes the package names are still Find but the product is Search & Navigation now so that's what you should see in the vertical menu as long as you've configured everything correctly. I'm just logging in for the day but I'll try to reproduce in Alloy later
Vote:

After digging around It looks like I have something wrong with my Identity model. When I login with episerver default login (AddCmsAspNetIdentity<ApplicationUser>) the The left Vertical menu (Vaffel menu)  is visible. We should login in with a identity system (Like azure), where we get back claimes. Then I do not have access to /episerver/find url. Do we need to add a mapping for "Search and Navigation" to be visible?

We have set up a mappings like below

"EPiServer": {
	"Items": {
          "CmsAdmins": {
            "MappedRoles": [
              "adminclaime"
            ]
          },
		  "CmsEditors": {
            "MappedRoles": [
              "editors"
            ]
          },
}
Edited, Oct 18, 2022 8:16
Vote:

Ah, right. In order to view the Search & Navigation UI, your user needs to be a member of one of the following roles:

• WebAdmins
  • Administrators
  • SearchAdmins

Obviously the first two roles give you access to pretty much everything whereas SearchAdmins just adds access to Search & Navigation. 

Oct 18, 2022 8:24
Vote:

Thanks!

SearchAdmins was the clue :-)

Oct 18, 2022 8:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.