Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Lock down access to a single language on a live site?

Vote:

Suppose I have a multi-site solution, where one site is live in a number of languages, and another site is only live in one language.

Now I want to launch the second site in one of the other languages, but hide it behind login until it is all translated. Normally, I would probably remove the Everyone role from the language in "Manage website languages". But that would also disable the language from the first live site.

Does anyone know a way to remove Read access to a language branch, without taking down the live language branch?

Jun 29, 2022 19:12
Vote:

Hi Stefan,

Assuming I understood your scenario correctly, a non programmatically way would be doing it by visitor groups.

Create two visitors groups:

• Using French as an example
  • Criteria - Selected Langauge is francais
  • Criteria - Selected Language is not francais
  • Make both visitor groups available for setting access rights

Then in access rights, remove 'Everyone' and set the following. I've just applied it to a page under the home page to mimic your multi site scenario:

Edited, Jun 30, 2022 9:53
Stefan Holm Olsen - Jul 05, 2022 19:18
Nice suggestion, Surjit. It worked with minor adjustments. Thanks.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.