Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Help regarding migration of Personalization & Visitor Groups

Vote:

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a source of information for how to migrate Personalization & Visitor Groups from CMS 11 to 12?

In my search for information, most of the Opti documentation still reflects CMS 11.  I am having trouble gettling things to work.  I have EPiServer.CMS.AspNetCore.Templating included, but surely I need more.

Most of the criterion types do not work.  I haven't tried all types, but of those I have already defined, only number of visits appears to work. We currently use NumberOfVisitsCriterion, ViewedPagesCriterion, RoleCriterion, VisitorGroupMembershipCriterion, DisplayChannelCriterion, OSBrowserCriterion, GeographicLocationCriterion.  The DisplayChannel editor's dropdown is empty, and GeoLoc is just missing.

Any insight, guidance and/or examples would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2023 17:11
Vote:

Hi,

I did run into an issue maybe similar to that, and after some investigation i found out that personalization did not work when "DNT" (Do Not Track) is in the header. I think that is reported (or maybe connected) as: Release note - AFORM-3224 (optimizely.com) (soon to be released). 

I did a quick test and removed that function and it started to work for me:

In Startup.cs

services.RemoveAll(typeof(IPersonalizationEvaluator));
services.AddScoped<IPersonalizationEvaluator, MyOwnPersonalizationEvaluator>();

And created my own implementation:

public class MyOwnPersonalizationEvaluator : IPersonalizationEvaluator
{
        public bool Personalize()
        {
            return true;
        }
}

With that it started to work... I found out that DNT is set by default in some organization controlled browsers and cannot be changed. In my case we are handeling that in another place.

Edited, Feb 17, 2023 7:18
Vote:

Thank you Joakim for taking the time to reply.  Since our use of standard personalization and visitor groups work as expected in CMS 11, are you suggesting I can no longer rely on the out-of-the-box criterion types in CMS 12?  Your code seems to suggest a custom override is the fix.  I suspect maybe the way I presented my question may be misleading.  So...

Is there any documentation for migrating personalization and visitor groups to CMS 12?  Or is migration unnecessary?

Thanks, Kevin

Feb 21, 2023 13:18
Vote:

We ended up contracting this in order to solve this

Jul 27, 2023 16:40
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.