Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How can I restrict a specific group user from not creating a page but at the same time they can just translate the page to there language.

Vote:

Hello,

CMS 12

We have a requirement where we want to restrict a specific group of Users from creating pages in one specific folder in the page tree but they should however be able to translate a page in their own language if the page is already created in the Master language.

Regards

Oct 12, 2023 12:35
Vote:

Change the spefic groups permissions by removing "Create" within the folder. Then make sure they are having "Edit" and/or "Translate" permissions for the specific pages or folders.

Oct 13, 2023 6:50
Vote:

Hi isacwalimaa,

We already tried this but this revoke create/translate both

Oct 16, 2023 5:11
Vote:

You will have to create a user group which can Read, Change, Publish the content and assign the users to that group. On next login they will be able to do publishes. There is no specific setting just to enable translate.

Oct 16, 2023 10:19
Vote:

Hi Manoj,

I tried, not giving the create access to a group and only Read, Change, Publish but this also disabled the translate button for them, I got a reply from Optimizely support and they also confirmed creating a new page or translating an existing page for both you should have a Create rights.

but I managed to solve this in a different way, I injected a custom view 

and here in this view, I have my custom code to display languages accordingly to the user logged In and whatever he chooses I translate the page in those languages.

Nov 14, 2023 9:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.