Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE PowerPaste and Alternatives

Vote:

Are there rich-text editor alternatives to the TinyMCE plugin for CMS 12 that provide a WYSIWYG HTML editor?

We upgraded to TinyMCE 6 and found some of the features our website editors have been using were moved to a premium subscription package. The premium package comes at a high cost for adding 15 plugins, of which we only need one, PowerPaste, as many of our editors draft their content in Word then copy and paste into the editor. The lack of this feature that used to be available for our editors in the previous version of TinyMCE has caused accessibility issue in our website as it will introduce unwanted styling and formatting.

We are exploring the possibility of purchasing the PowerPaste premium plugin for the TinyMCE 6 editor in case this is the only option in CMS 12. Has anyone added a premium plugin of TinyMCE to their solution, if it is even possible?

The only reference I can find is this blog article: https://world.optimizely.com/blogs/grzegorz-wiechec/dates/2022/12/tinymce-editor-upgrade/.

Oct 04, 2023 16:48
Vote:

@Brian I just want to verify which version of our packaging of TinyMCE you are running. In our EPiServer.CMS.TinyMCE 4.3.0 package we added improved support for pasting from Word into TinyMCE. Have a look at this link to our release notes, https://world.optimizely.com/documentation/Release-Notes/ReleaseNote/?releaseNoteId=CMS-27270. When pasting content from Word the user will get a question on how to handle formatting when pasting. But I guess that you already use this and it is not enough to cover your needs?

Oct 12, 2023 6:29
Vote:

@Robert We are running EPiServer.CMS.TinyMCE 4.4.2. I have a ticket in with Optimizely Support who informed us of this release as well and mentioned the Paste from Word plugin 'epi-paste' should be automatically enabled. We are reviewing our configuration to see if this is being overwritten as this prompt is not appearing for us. Thank you.

Oct 12, 2023 15:43
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.