Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using Graph to search for within a certain radius/ distance

Vote:

Hi Optimizely enthousiasts,

Currently my team and I are working on a project where we will be storing a couple of hundred location as a content item within CMS 12. The project setup is a headless setup build in NextJS.
The location content items will be user generated (after approval of the customers content editors). Besides a lot of content related properties also longitude and latitude will be asked to the creator/ filled by a Google maps integration. 
The visitor should eventually be able to search for a location based on it is ow longitude and latitude, where the nearest location should be shown on top of the results.
Of course we can create this through a custom API implementation, but we are wondering if it is already possible to do with the Optimizely Graph service. In the past I have worked with other GraphQL services, where distance could be used as a facet and an ranking parameter.

I've found a feature request related to this (https://feedback.optimizely.com/ideas/PGQL-I-27) but can't really tell is this is implemented.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Ps. I am not sure if I have placed this question in the correct forum, please let me know if it could be placed somewhere better.

Apr 03, 2024 11:52
Vote:

Geo queries with Opti Graph are still in the backlog / on the roadmap. (Don't have timeline, but will add it here if I get one.)

Apr 03, 2024 15:49
Vote:

Thanks for your answer Daniel, to bad though would have been a nice addition to Graph and moving to a good headless architecture. For know we'll build an API around Search and Navigation.

Edited, Apr 11, 2024 12:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.