Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Best practice for ContentDelivery API

Vote:

Hello,

I have an Episerver MVC site which is working. There is a need to expose some article pages to a third party app.

The idea is to build a Content Delivery API so that the third party app can consume for information. I have no idea on how to set it up and going through the documentation its not that clear too.

Can anyone suggest me the approach. If I just need to install it in my web project and have API Controllers or create a new project. Any instructions or samples will be helpful. 

Feb 19, 2020 20:55
Vote:

Hi Dieep D

Have a read of my blog post to see if it helps

https://javafun.github.io/episerver-headlessjs-getting-start-part-1-setup/

Feb 20, 2020 3:02
Dileep D - Feb 20, 2020 3:53
Thanks very much. I just went through the blog and its very helpful. Going to set this up for my site and verify. However I had another question, it mostly looks like configuration only work. I was under assumption that I will need to setup the controllers and end points etc. I can just install the dependencies in my website application itself and endpoints are already created.
Let me try this and get back.
Vote:

Thanks Vincent. Your post helped me clear things about basic set up for content delivery API.

Mar 03, 2020 22:48
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.