Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Forms: Translate a form

Vote:

Hi!

Is it possible to translate an episerver form to another language or do you need to recreate the form with all elements? 

Lets say that I have a "Contact us" form in Swedish. I would like the same form, but in English. 

I can click on "Translate" on the form container, but that will just translate the container. I need to add all the elements again. 

/ Henric

Sep 07, 2017 15:42
Vote:

Hi Henric,

Yes, you can translate a form without having to recreate the fields. My recommendation would be to use the language manager add-on as that lets you create a language version based on the master language rather than starting from a blank page.

One slight caveat to bear in mind though - some properties on the form are not culture specific so if, for example, you want to email the SE form to the Swedish marketing team and the EN form to the UK marketing team then you'll struggle unless you write something yourself.

Paul

Sep 07, 2017 16:16
Vote:

Hi! 

Ah, I forgot about the Language manager addon. That worked, thanks! 

/ Henric

Sep 11, 2017 8:04
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.